Forum Discussion

markgholland
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Caling a Stored Procedure in JDBC Test Step

Hello,

I'm trying to call a stored procedure via a JDBC Test Step to an Oracle 11g database.  I want to call the procedure and then evaluate the results.  Specifically, I don't know the syntax for the output parameter.

I've tried several ways, and I can't seem to get results.  The stored procedure has several inputs (10+) and a single output.  The documentation doesn't seem to be useful and I've been unsuccessful with finding a solution.

I've tried...

{call procedureName(parameter1 => value1, parameter2 => value2, parameter3 => value3, ... )}

Does the OUT parameter need to be included in the call?

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark

3 Replies

markgholland
    Occasional Contributor

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'd be open to use a groovy script as well if anyone has an example.

A bit more information... the OUT parameter is a "REF CURSOR" type when the stored procedure is executed via SQL Developer.

markgholland
    Occasional Contributor

I'm digging this one back up as I was unsuccessful the first time and it was reprioritized, but I'd like to figure this out.  At this point, it doesn't look like it's possible to do via the JDBC Test step with the "stored procedure" flag on, but it looks like some folks have had some luck using Groovy.  Here is what I have so far:

import groovy.sql.Sql
    import oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleTypes
    com.eviware.soapui.support.GroovyUtils.registerJdbcDriver("oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver")

//get environment specific(dev1, qa1, etc.) project db connection string properties
    def host = context.expand( '${#Project#dbhost}' )
    def port = context.expand( '${#Project#dbport}' )
    def serviceName = context.expand( '${#Project#dbservicename}' )
    def username = context.expand( '${#Project#dbusername}' )
    def password = context.expand( '${#Project#dbpassword}' )
    def schemaName = context.expand( '${#Project#db_scema_name}' )

//build full stored procedure name, including the db schema def procName = ( schemaName + ".STORED_PROCEDURE_NAME" ) //build connection string conString = ("jdbc:oracle:thin:@" + host + ":" + port + "/" + serviceName) //connect to db def con = Sql.newInstance(conString, username, password, "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver") //call stored procedure con.call '{' + procName + '(PARAMETER1,PARAMETER2,?)}', [367,'en_US',Sql.REFCURSOR], { output -> log.info output}
    //TODO- do something with the output of the stored procedure
    //close connection con.close()

I'm making the call to an Oracle 11g database, but I don't know how to work with the "Ref Cursor" datatype.  Any suggestions or working examples would be appreciated!