Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Break points & Intellicence features in Groovy Script Editor

Hi SOAPUI team,

Any plans to include Break points & IntelliSense features in Groovy Script Editor in future releases of SOAPUI?

This would be really beneficial in scripting and debugging.

Regards,
B

11 Replies

qntrix
    Occasional Contributor
    Looks like code-completion is not something that this product's Product Owner thinks it's worthy of being developed. I can just hear him "who even uses Groovy?!" . Well, mister/miss PO, I dare you to write a 1000 lines Groovy script by pair-looking into the API at every 5 words!

Just imagine MS Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntellijIDEA without code-completion. It's been a basic feature since 2001, and we are now in 2014, nearly 2015!

Remember viewtopic.php?t=8219 - Same answer then, same answer now.
      MattiH
      Staff

Intellisense was added as Code completion for Groovy in Ready! API / SoapUI NG 1.0,  with more improvements currently being developed for version 1.9

BR

/Matti

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        I believe that this will be highly embraced by the customers.
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    I would let the soapui team take this.

Wanted to add:
    I believe, you may take a look at soapui pro where there is feature to have break points in the test cases.

Also, here is how you may debug the groovy scripts - if you are eclipse user, then have a groovy plugin installed and it is possible to debug the groovy code which is alternative way what you are looking for, then have your code from eclipse to soapui groovy script step.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    I just want to add that code completion/Intellisense has been discussed as a potential new feature in SoapUI 5.0. Possibly this will be a Pro feature though.

Cheers!
    Manne,
    SmartBear Support
  • when could we expect ver 5.0 release? I am eagerly waiting for intellisense feature.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    In spring 2014. As I said, if the feature it is added it is likely to be in Pro (commercial version) only. Just out of curiosity, would that be enough to make you want to buy a license?

Regards,
    Manne
    vajdaz
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello,

so the 5.0.0 version is released, but still I do not see the Intellisense feature

Are there still plans to add that?

That would make my life easier very much...

Thanks,
    Vaidas

p.s. I am PRO user.
    dakael
    New Contributor
    It would be awesome to have this feature in SoapUI. Without it it's a real mess to edit scripts. Additionally, would be great to have auto-formatting feature for code.
    ashumc
    New Contributor
    Hi Team,
    It would be very helpful to have Intellisense feature in SoapUI Pro.Please provide this feature.

Thanks,
    Ashwini