Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate oauth 2.0 token retrieval

Highlighted
New Contributor

Automate oauth 2.0 token retrieval

Hi All,

My application uses oauth 2.0 authorization for generating access token for "New User".

In manual process, i do the following steps.

Click on Get Access Token

Enter oauth 2.0 Flow: Authorization Code Grant

Enter client Id

Enter client secret

Enter authorization url

Enter access token url

Enter redirect url and 

Click on Get Access Token button.

New popup opens and i have to click on signup button to enter username, password and click signup.

Once done, token is generated.

How can this be achieved through automation process

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Automate oauth 2.0 token retrieval

Hey @SathiyaR 

every so often someone else posts this question

have a look at this link

also if you search the forum for "automating OAuth" or "automating OAuth token retrieval" or similar strings you should be able to find what you need.

I never got it to work myself, but that was cos I was working on a customised bodge of OAuth - so the way I automated it was to replicate the back and forth that occurs within OAuth to generate the tokens - that was a bit of a nightmare so I don't recommend it, although I did get there in the end

cheers,

rich

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Automate oauth 2.0 token retrieval

Hi @richie ,

I have already went through the link[which you have suggested] and it doesn't help in my case. The example is for handling the sign in process, whereas my case i wanted to signup as new user every time. 

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors