Forum Discussion

AAB
Regular Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Assertions: check that number of response is bigger then 10

Hi,

Could someone tell me how  I could add an XPath that says:

Response contains > 10 answers, not knowing what the answers are but one is expecting more then 10?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

AboveAndBeyond

• Hey AAB

ah - when I responded I hadn't seen Nastya_Khovrina's response.

The json count assertion works only for a specific value - you can't specify any maths operators like >, < to say that a node has >10 records in there - this was the first thing I checked when I saw your post.

HOWEVER - the XPATH which Nastya_Khovrina has provided IS what you need - right?

I did try and view the .xml you attached to identify the repeating groups so I could give you the specific XPATH relative to your file - however - I couldn't see any repeating groups when I viewed the file?!?!?!?!?!.

Cheers,

richie

• Nastya_Khovrina 

Hi Nastya,

For my environment apparently it's a little bit different. I do receive a JSON response but your notation doesn't give me the proper assertion. I could use the 'point and click' action in ReadyAPI that gives me this:

Thanks for your help though!

Kind regards,

AboveAndBeyond.

9 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

Hey AAB

ah - when I responded I hadn't seen Nastya_Khovrina's response.

The json count assertion works only for a specific value - you can't specify any maths operators like >, < to say that a node has >10 records in there - this was the first thing I checked when I saw your post.

HOWEVER - the XPATH which Nastya_Khovrina has provided IS what you need - right?

I did try and view the .xml you attached to identify the repeating groups so I could give you the specific XPATH relative to your file - however - I couldn't see any repeating groups when I viewed the file?!?!?!?!?!.

Cheers,

richie

AAB
      Regular Contributor

richie 

Hey Richie,

Yes indeed, there are only companies present 1 time. It's enough to copy them several times in the file.  ;-) I didn't thought about that.

thanks for your explanation!

Concerning if it works or not: I still need to wait my environment access. I'll let you know  ;-)

Cheers,

AboveAndBeyond.

AAB
        Regular Contributor

Nastya_Khovrina 

Hi Nastya,

For my environment apparently it's a little bit different. I do receive a JSON response but your notation doesn't give me the proper assertion. I could use the 'point and click' action in ReadyAPI that gives me this:

Thanks for your help though!

Kind regards,

AboveAndBeyond.