Forum Discussion

tgeliot
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Are Ready!API / SoapUI smart about version incompatibilities?

I'm trying to get our various organizations here at work to all upgrade to a consistent version of Ready!API, but just thinking about the issue got me to wondering:  if I create a project using a newer version of Ready!API and give it to another group that, for whatever reason, is still running an older version of Ready!API, and they go to either execute or modify the project, and the project contains something that is exclusive to the newer version of Ready!API, is there some sort of version designation in the project file, and will Ready!API detect the incompatibility right up front and be graceful about it, or will it just trip over it later and go into the weeds?

Holy run-on sentence, Batman.  Sorry about that. :-)

• You'll only run into issues if you use features or enhancements in your test creation that weren't available in the earlier versions used to execute the tests (For instance, the auth manager, tags, etc).

I'd recommend checking the release notes to make sure you're not using any new functionality when creating tests you intend to pass on to users.

If you do run into issues, they should be easy to diagnose based on error messages or the logs.

1 Reply

SmartBearAmber
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

You'll only run into issues if you use features or enhancements in your test creation that weren't available in the earlier versions used to execute the tests (For instance, the auth manager, tags, etc).

I'd recommend checking the release notes to make sure you're not using any new functionality when creating tests you intend to pass on to users.

If you do run into issues, they should be easy to diagnose based on error messages or the logs.