Forum Discussion

Asmina
2 months ago

VISUAL TESTING IMAGES NOT RETRIEVED

I am working on a project for web automation with cypress, typescript. I wanted to Integrate SmartBear for visual testing. I have done the initial configuration manually, as i am using typescript and while setup it showed "e2e.js do not exist".

The issue i am facing is firstly it is taking screenshots and that is visible in the dasboard. But when i click on individual images it is just showing loading and ends with an retrieval issue error.

• Hi Asmina 

Ensure that your image storage settings are correct, with sufficient space and accessible network connectivity.

Also, confirm that your account has the necessary permissions to access and retrieve images.

After that, inspect your Cypress and TypeScript setup, ensuring correct TypeScript compilation and execution, as well as proper import and usage of the VisualTest plugin or API calls. As well, check that all required dependencies are installed and up-to-date, and verify that any necessary environment variables for VisualTest are set correctly

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
    Thank you very much and have a great one!
    Warm regards

2 Replies

Humashankar
    Champion Level 2

Hi Asmina 

Ensure that your image storage settings are correct, with sufficient space and accessible network connectivity.

Also, confirm that your account has the necessary permissions to access and retrieve images.

After that, inspect your Cypress and TypeScript setup, ensuring correct TypeScript compilation and execution, as well as proper import and usage of the VisualTest plugin or API calls. As well, check that all required dependencies are installed and up-to-date, and verify that any necessary environment variables for VisualTest are set correctly

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
    Thank you very much and have a great one!
    Warm regards

billi-chohan
    Occasional Visitor

When dealing with Cypress and TypeScript setups, ensuring that your image storage settings are correct is crucial. First, make sure you have sufficient space and accessible network connectivity. It's equally important to verify that your account has the necessary permissions to access and retrieve images.

Next, inspect your Cypress and TypeScript configuration. Make sure TypeScript is correctly compiled and executed. Pay attention to the import and usage of the VisualTest plugin or API calls. Additionally, check that all required dependencies are installed and up-to-date.

Don't forget to verify that any necessary environment variables for VisualTest are set correctly. By following these steps, you'll streamline your testing process and avoid unnecessary hiccups.

And while you're at it, why not treat yourself to something tasty? Check the latest wrap offers at McDonald's and enjoy a delicious reward after your hard work.