Forum Discussion

pkudrys
Contributor
7 days ago

how to run different sets of tests via TestExecute

Hi guys, 

I'm curious, what's your strategy to run different sets of tests from command line/CI? I found no way to dynamically enable/disable items in Execution plan.  

I mean, I have a set of tests to delete/create some reference resources (CreateResources). This set needs to be run once a day. And then I have RegressionTests group, which I want to run once or multiple times a day. I tried to utilize /t: parameter with the name of appropriate test group. Unfortunately, TestExecute starts, but no test stored in either group is started. And yes, all tests and groups/subgroups are enabled (TC doc says that TC will run only the enabled test items).  

Thanks for any idea. 

• You also need to include /p and /r parameters too. If I remember correctly, if you include e.g. /t:"CreateResources|RegressionTests" it won't run it, in that order!

It's worth creating a batch file, with the appropriate parameters. Then call the batch file from your CI

• Hi, thank you for the reply. The parameter /p:ProjectName was the missing bit! So these command line params run the RegressionTests group and completely ignore the CreateResources group... 
    /run /p:Cimarron_TC /t:"RegressionTests" 

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

You also need to include /p and /r parameters too. If I remember correctly, if you include e.g. /t:"CreateResources|RegressionTests" it won't run it, in that order!

It's worth creating a batch file, with the appropriate parameters. Then call the batch file from your CI