Forum Discussion

tseiff
New Contributor
13 years ago

auto-detect or manual SCM?

Hi,

We are using ccollab and subversion at my company.

The way our revisions are being displayed in the review page is perplexing to me.  I read up on this and I have reason to believe that ccollab is treating our diffs as non-atomic SCM.  For example, the change-lists roll-up by default, and word like "rebase" (which don't apply to subversion) show up in the status.

In reading the manual, I gather that ccollab changes the way it displays diffs based on the SCM.

Is this detected automatically or should I contact my administrators?

Thanks.

CCOLLAB v5.0.5036

3 Replies

Hannah
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    The roll up settings are detected automatically and also depend on how the files were uploaded. With Subversion, checked in changelists will not roll up, but pre-checked in changes should roll up.
    tseiff
    New Contributor
    Thanks.

Watching the CMD line go by I can see my client is properly identifying SVN as the SCM.

But what is the difference between checked-in and not checked-in?  How does CCOLLAB tell which is which and why does it care?  It definitely acts differently if one uses a different DIFF command structure between uploads.

Also, why am I seeing rebase?  I have never seen a file just reworked, it always rebases.  Is it because I am using different SVN DIFF structures between uploads?
    tseiff
    New Contributor
    An example:

I have a change list that shows some files as

"Rebase (Reworked Once)".

The change list is rolled up, and it says, applicable to both uploads,

"Generated by Subversion using:

svn
    diff "

Since I used "svn diff", this was a diff purely on the working copy, (non-checked-in).

But I didn't do anything fancy expect change the working copy, and run 'svn diff' again, and CCOLLAB is rebasing.  Am I correct to assume I should just be seeing reworks in this case?  What is the meaning of 'rebase' in an SVN context?