Forum Discussion

hmofaz
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Running Test Execute file from powershell

Hello,

I'm Trying to find a way to run test execute file from windows powershell.

can you please send me an example of powershell command which will run the test complete file.

i'm using test execute 10.0

Thanks. 

5 Replies

Steve2
    New Contributor

These are the ps lines I use:

$logpath = "C:\TestExecuteLogs\RunlogRegressie.mht"

$testexecute = "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 11\Bin\TestExecute.exe"
    $p = Start-Process -filepath $testexecute -ArgumentList "`"C:\Regressie XL\RegressieTest\Regressie.pjs`"", /run, /exit, /SilentMode, /ExportLog:$logpath -verb runas -wait

the -verb runas makes it run as administrator

the -wait keeps the powershell session alive while testexecute is running

You can lose these if you don't need them.

Nethra30
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I tried running test execute specific unit from powershell , this is how i have scripted. but its just starting testexecute but not opening project please guide me  how to proceed 

$testexecute = "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\TestExecute 11\Bin\TestExecute.exe"
      $projectpath = "800xA Autotest Project"
      $unitPath = "DL_PointOfControl"
      $routinepath = "DL_POC_Send_Request_User2"

$p = Start-Process -FilePath $testexecute -ArgumentList '"I:\800xA Autotest Project.pjs"',/run,'/p:$projectpath','/u:$unitPath','/rt:$routinepath',/exit,/SilentMode -Verb runas -Wait 

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Your project path does not include any drive or directory information. Therefore, it assumes that the project MDS file is going to be in whatever path the context of the powershell command is being run in.  If your MDS does not exist in that path, it won't open.

Change your project path value to include the full path to the file and this should work.