Forum Discussion

RaresB
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Stored procedures cannot be run on python due to error from provider

Hi,

I was able to run stored procedures on my JScript projects using Oracle Provider for OLE DB.

Now after I migrated my projects from JScript to Python I cannot run stored procedures from the same machines on Oracle servers.

I receive the following error:

"RuntimeError  Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed" when "SProc.ExecProc()" line is executed.

Please advice.

Rares

• Hi Rares,

I’ve found your support case where you investigated the issue with our TestComplete Customer Care Team. I want to post the solution here so that other users could see it.

The working connection string should look like this:

Provider=OraOLEDB Oracle;Data. Source=...

There should be a semicolon symbol after specifying the provider name.

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Rares,

It looks like the provider that allows TestComplete working with your DB isn’t installed on your computer. You need to install it.

RaresB
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Tanya,

Is needed a special provider then Oracle Provider for OLE DB for stored procedures in Python even if queries in Python I can run with existent provider?

Because I already have it installed on my machines and is working for stored procedures from Test Complete if I use JScript project instead Python.

Thanks,

Rares

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Rares,

I’ve found your support case where you investigated the issue with our TestComplete Customer Care Team. I want to post the solution here so that other users could see it.

The working connection string should look like this:

Provider=OraOLEDB Oracle;Data. Source=...

There should be a semicolon symbol after specifying the provider name.