Forum Discussion

nmrao
Champion Level 3
10 years ago

Is there an alternate way to update the test case status in SoapUI?

Using open source edition of SoapUI.

This is how a test case goes and currently how it is being carried out:

1. Submit soap test request step which make an order and gets the response as order has been placed with order's reference number. NOTE: There are multiple software components where web services are hosted, it takes some time to complete the order, takes around a minute to 2 and at times takes upto 5 minutes, also some times never order completes if something goes wrong or specific configuration for the test is not available.
  2. Wait for a while generally 2 min
  3. Send soap request test step to get the order status and assert for completion.

Then soapUI automatically update the test case result based on the assertion in 3 rd step.

Problem:

This is taking very long time to finish the test execution.

Question:

Looking to reduce the execution time. If the test case result can be updated a later point of time ( i mean even after completion of the test case ), then we don't have to wait for 2 min in each of the test case( just have only 1 step, avoid steps 2, and 3). But the issue is how to update the test case result assuming that order status is processed by a independent program for all tests and want just to update the test case result in soapUI?

Also note that, the tests are invoked by ant scripts and using junit's html reports. This is not really intended for using in Front end of the SoapUI tool as I was using ant to execute the tests.

One way I thought of to address this problem is just to update the test case's result directly in JUNIT result TEST-suiteName.xml file. But not sure if that is right way to do. I would like to see if there any better ways and looking forward to hear ideas.

Also this is posted @ stackoverflow

Thank you in advance.

No RepliesBe the first to reply