Forum Discussion

XDotNet
New Contributor
9 years ago

Display Bug - Please See Attached File. Anyone see this? How to fix?

Please see attached file. I've got a new laptop running Windows 10. Its an ASUS ROG with a NVidia GeForce 965M Video Card. I cannot use Soap UI, as the GUI is a complete mess of overlapping, half - drawn forms. This happens about 1 minute after starting soap UI. Thank you for any help.

5 Replies

XDotNet
    New Contributor
    Update... I put Soap UI on an old laptop running Windows 10 and no problems. My guess is there is a problem with SoapUI and the Nvidia Gaming Graphics Card. Devs i'll be happy to provide you information/tests if you like. Thank you!
    eyeofmaat
    New Contributor

I have the same issue.

My laptop is MSI GT72 with Nvidia GTX980m

I have a button on my laptop to switch between discreet and integrated GPU.

I don't get any problems with switching to integrated.

SOAP UI is the only application that has this issue, and switching requires rebooting windows. A real pain...

Regards,

Craig

caballero
    New Contributor

Having exactly the same issues eyeofmaat(on my MSI GT72 with Nvidia GTX970m) and the workaround is exactly the same, although rebooting is a real pain for me.

eyeofmaat
      New Contributor

I had to format my PC due to another issues. That was about 2-3 weeks ago. Today, just now, was the first time I have needed to open SOAP UI since.

Its working fine now. Its the same version of SOAP UI from before format (5.2.1; but it was also doing it on 5.0.0)

I just triple checked, and the 980M is selected right now....

The differences in my PC are

1. Windows 10 anniversary update applied. (likely unrelated)

2. new Nvidia drivers (currently 368.81 right now)

It could be coincidence, or it could be the driver update.

Have you tried updating? do you still have issues?

caballero
        New Contributor

Hey. I updated Nvidia drivers a few days ago and SoupUI seems to be working fine now (no problem for around half of an hour).

Thanks for the info. :)

EDIT: Writing this to confirm the solution - problem completely disappeared after having updated the drivers.