Forum Discussion

rayapudi34
New Contributor
9 years ago

hi, i am in process of identifying the pro version which suits for my project

Below is the objective my project

1. Restful & SOAP services testing both manual & automation

2. It may require data driven testing

3. In each iteration .sprint ,we have to do regression for previous Iterations/ sprints

2. Agile project with stringent timelines

3. each Iteration /  sprint is for 2 weeks

we have suggested to go with SOAP UI Pro instead of SOAP UI (Open version).

But not sure which version best suits for my project needs. Please suggest as early as possible

Regards,

Rajesh

5 Replies

ravichandra
    Occasional Contributor

If you know groovy, you really don't need pro, but pro has advantages which eases testing activities especially for rookies.  

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Welcome to the Smartbear forums.

Both 1 & 2 of your requirements are fulfilled by both the free and paid  editions of soapUI as mentioned in earlier comments. Difference is most of the stuff is readily available in Pro & you need programming to achieve the same in free edition at times.

ReadyAPI[Pro Edition] is friendly to the QA / Test Engineers, most of the tasks can be achieved easily without much programming skills and some of features available in Out-Of-The-Box.

SoapUI [Open Source] is also good. It is in very active development too, and many users there too.

Latest versions should be good for you.

1. Ready API - 1.4.1
    2. Soap UI - 5.2.1

Regarding your question, there can be mixed suggestions based on user experiences. After all, it is upto the users who are going to use. What is easy for someone may not be the same level of easy for others and vice versa.  So I believe, you are the better judge.

Good thing is that Smartbear allows you to try out Pro Software free, for 2 weeks I believe, to evaluate before you make a decission. Any way, you can use free version always.

One thing I can say, having programming skills always an added advantage for automation. In this case learning groovy will help better even if you go for Pro.

Hope this helps.

Happy  testing.

nmrao
      Champion Level 3

Once the tests are automated, for the regrssions cycles,  many I see on the forumns, uses Continuous Integrations like jenkins etc.

kondasamy
        Regular Contributor

I agree and echo your thoughts, @rao! :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Samy

kondasamy
    Regular Contributor

I upvote SoapUI Pro/ SoapUI NG which gives a helping hand in case of comfort and stringent timelines!

Thanks,

Samy