Forum Discussion

AHolland
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

[Res] ERROR:java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Hi,

I get the following error when running a test suite against a particular environment:

Mon Jul 21 17:54:35 NZST 2014:DEBUG:Attempt 1 to execute request
Mon Jul 21 17:54:35 NZST 2014:DEBUG:Sending request: POST /api/Customers/afb0dcfd-f7b1-4a64-94ac-d5fb90462d0b HTTP/1.1
Mon Jul 21 17:54:35 NZST 2014:DEBUG:I/O error closing connection
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Connection has been shutdown: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.checkEOF(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.checkWrite(Unknown Source)

This test suite runs without any problems against other environments. Can you please help me figure out what could be causing this issue?

Thanks

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

It's an SSL-related issue. It's not obvious what would cause it for that particular environment.
    How are your endpoints different? Please verify the protocol you should be using: http vs https.
    And are you running the tests from the SoapUI Pro GUI?

Regards,

Giscard
    SmartBear Support
        sonya_m

Hi UrsBucher! Could you create a new topic and provide a detailed description of your case? This thread seems to be very old. Thank you. 

AHolland
    Occasional Contributor
    By the way, they turned off SNI (Server Name Indication) and now I don't have any problems.

Could you please tell me how do I get SoapUI to work correctly with SNI?

Cheers,
    German.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

Each one of your HTTPS endpoints likely requires different SSL certificates. Currently, you SSL certificate should be defined in SoapUI Pro in: File > Preferences > SSL Settings.

Currently there is a limitation of specifying a single SSL cert in SoapUI Pro. There is a workaround provided for environments so that SSL certs can change dynamically. That workaround is described here: viewtopic.php?t=13014#p31789

Thanks,
    Michael Giller
    Technical Sales Engineer