Forum Discussion

dmacknight
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Missing cases and steps from Test Set

One of my users is able to create Test Sets and assign Test Cases from the library. When he tries to run the test set, either test cases are missing all together or they have no steps in them. I can see everything fine and if I create the Test Set, he can see everything. Have I missed a permission somewhere? He has created other test sets that have not had any problems at all.

Thanks,

Dave

• Hello David,

Thank you for submitting the support case. I just replied with the results and wanted to also let the community know about the 'snapshot':

The Test Runner takes a 'snapshot' of the tests and test sets as they exist when you click Run. This means if you edit the test or test set after starting a run - but not finishing the run - the active run has only what it saw when you started it. You won't see changes until the run is completed and you start the next run.

Best Regards,

Christiane

2 Replies

• Hello Dave,

Please open up a support ticket at https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=ALMComplete and provide us with a screeshot of an example Test Set and the ID from your co-workers view as well as a screenshot of the same Test Set from your users view in order for us to further look in to this issue. Any additional information you can provide us in regards to the missing steps (Test ID, Test Set ID and etc.). Please Cc me on the support case (Christiane.Gangloff@SmartBear.Com), thank you.

CGangloff

Hello David,

Thank you for submitting the support case. I just replied with the results and wanted to also let the community know about the 'snapshot':

The Test Runner takes a 'snapshot' of the tests and test sets as they exist when you click Run. This means if you edit the test or test set after starting a run - but not finishing the run - the active run has only what it saw when you started it. You won't see changes until the run is completed and you start the next run.

Best Regards,

Christiane