Forum Discussion

Swoop
Frequent Contributor
11 years ago

Canned Report Throwing Error

Under "Test Management Reports", there is a "Requirements Missing Tests" report. When I click on it, I get the following error: Database Connector Error: '07009:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid Descriptor Index' Failed to retrieve data from the database. Error in File Requirements Missing Tests {1EF5C97A-5C1E-494A-BA57-45E12C8B352C}.rpt: Database Connector Error: '07009:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid Descriptor Index'

Other reports in that section run as expected. This particular report doesn't seem to have been modified.

5 Replies

Swoop
    Frequent Contributor
    I replied: Just a quick question.

Other crystal reports in the Reports tab work just fine.

Wouldnt those reports require the System DSN in order to display properly? And if they are displaying properly, wouldnt that mean the System DSN is already setup on the server?
    Swoop
    Frequent Contributor
    Support Replied: Not necessarily.

Some reports are looking at the system DSN whereas other are not.

There are 4 items that would cause issues with reports.

-the custom report is configured incorrectly (error in the report)

-System DSN is not setup

-In the registry configuration tool under crystal tab, version 11 is set instead of 12

-There is a Temp folder missng in the following directory. c:\inetpub\wwwroot\FileExchange\Temp\Temp -- note the second temp folder. The security settings for the folder should have IUSR and Network Services with Modify permissions.
    Swoop
    Frequent Contributor
    I replied: I have had our admin verify the four points you asked us to check in your previous response.

1. This doesnt seem to be a custom report, as there is no history entries showing it being uploaded by a user. It seems to be an original report.

2. He verified System DSN was setup.

3. In the registry configuration tool under crystal tab, version 11 was set. He changed it to version 12.

4. c:\inetpub\wwwroot\FileExchange\Temp\Temp did exist and had several sub-folders in it.
    Swoop
    Frequent Contributor
    The Solution: According to our report developers the report view will need to be refreshed.

In SQL Server Studio run the following query:

exec

sp_refreshview 'Report_RequirementsMissingTests'

And the issue will be resolved.