Forum Discussion

vdavis
New Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

How do I fail a requirement in QAComplete?

I have created test cases and linked them to a requirement, and to a release.  When I run the test manually, I failed the test and allowed the system to automatically create a defect.  I linked the defect to the requirement, and release.  However, when I drill down in the Release for the report.  The report does not display the requirement as having a test run that failed.  How do I fail the requirement so that it displays correctly in the report?

Thanks!
  • I have created test cases and linked them to a requirement, and to a release.  When I run the test manually, I failed the test and allowed the system to automatically create a defect.  I linked the defect to the requirement, and release.  However, when I drill down in the Release for the report.  The report does not display the requirement as having a test run that failed.  How do I fail the requirement so that it displays correctly in the report?

Thanks!

Hi Victoria,

We currently don't have a way for the system to automatically fail a Requirement if a Test has failed. However, you could add a failed status to the choice list of values for Requirements, and you can then change the status to failed when you do the linking to the Test.

Please read more about customizing QAComplete in our user guide here:

http://tinyurl.com/pfv5o3v

Thanks!

Will

2 Replies

• I have created test cases and linked them to a requirement, and to a release.  When I run the test manually, I failed the test and allowed the system to automatically create a defect.  I linked the defect to the requirement, and release.  However, when I drill down in the Release for the report.  The report does not display the requirement as having a test run that failed.  How do I fail the requirement so that it displays correctly in the report?

Thanks!

Hi Victoria,

We currently don't have a way for the system to automatically fail a Requirement if a Test has failed. However, you could add a failed status to the choice list of values for Requirements, and you can then change the status to failed when you do the linking to the Test.

Please read more about customizing QAComplete in our user guide here:

http://tinyurl.com/pfv5o3v

Thanks!

Will