Forum Discussion

PeterKlim
Contributor
10 years ago

Sharing Data Source across multiple PCs/Agents

I have an Agent and test data installed on the same PC.

I have multiple PCs set up this way. I have 1 PC with LoadUI Pro (LUIP).

I am trying to get LUIP to run a test on multpile agent PCs, each PC only using the test data that is on that PC.

Support told me that it does not work that way. Instead, each PC will ONLY use the data that is in the LUIP PC.

So when I have 3 Agent PCs, and the LUIP PC has a data source of 99 records, each of the 3 Agent PCs will execute all 99 records (3X99 = 297 records) instead of executing 33 unique records on each of the 3 Agent PCs, even when my setting is  “Set to Share this DataSource between running thread during a LoadTest”.

Is there a way to set it up (even code it) so that it will execute 33 unique records on each of the 3 Agent PCs?

The only way I can think of now is creating 3 new tests, and each one pointing to a different data source.  I want to do that wiithout creating multiple tests (I would actually be using 12, not 3 PCs)

1 Reply

larsn
    Contributor

How about changing the underlying SoapUI test to use a file (not data source) and then have a file for each agent.

Before running the test, copy the agent specific data file to the agent but make sure the file name is the on each agent.

We do something similar but the same file is copied to each agent and then via groovy in the test a different user is choosen from the data file. In our case, we don't care if the same user is run on different agent or run at the same time.