Forum Discussion

Nimith
Contributor
10 years ago

Unable to find Objects inside the main application

Hi,

I am using Test Complete ver. 10.50.2702.7 which is not able to recognize objects that are within the application under test.

i have worked on an earlier application which is WPFObject based, and in there I used to add the "ClrClassName" of the parent object into "Tools -> CurrentProjectProperties ->  Open Application -> WPF" and the child objects which are within it, gets recognized.

But the current application is a "WinFormsObject" based and  I am not sure where or what needs to be changed/added so that all the objects are recognised.

Below are few objects, how they are recognised by Test Complete at the moment:

>Main Application:
        Sys.Process("XYZ").WinFormsObject("frmMainMDI")

Sys.Process("XYZ").WinFormsObject("frmMainMDI").WinFormsObject("MdiClient", "").WinFormsObject ("frmDisplay").WinFormsObject("Track", "", 275)

> A popup that is populated when right clicked inside the App:  (right click menu is recognised as a whole and none of its options inside is seperatly recognised)
       Sys.Process("XYZ").Window("#32768", "", 2)

> Sub menu of the above object is recognised as:
       Sys.Process("XYZ").Window("#32768", "", 1)

Could anyone help me out with this issue? Please let me know if you need any more information.

14 Replies

• Can anyone please help me out resolving this issue?

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

Try using Object Spy to look at the drop-down.  If you look at the Advanced options, you get many more properties to use.

In my attached example, there's a value list at the very bottom that has all the drop-down choices and I drilled down to find the index.  You can see the whole path to the field just above the properties.  

We also use something like this to access cells in tables.

basic.PNG

advanced.PNG

value.PNG

valuelist.PNG

Nimith
        Contributor

Hi Marsha,

List_Obj.PNG

When I try to spy on a sub menu, the whole menu gets recognized instead on the individual items on the menu (as seen in the screenshot above).

I was wondering if there could be a way where in each of the items gets recognized instead of the whole menu.