Forum Discussion

heidi_n
Regular Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

TestExecute 10 - Can't run /SilentMode from CMD

I created a very simple project that opens Windows Calculator and closes it. It is bound to Source Control Perforce P4V.

I can run it in CMD without /SilentMode, but not with /SilentMode. When I call TestExecute, it doesn't load in Task Manager Processes. Am I missing something?

[Please see attached screenshot.]

The project runs fine in TC10 and FinalBuilder7.

• These tests were created in TC9. Once I converted them to TC10 in CMD (without /SilentMode), everything is ok now and they can run now with /SilentMode successfully! 

5 Replies

heidi_n
      Regular Contributor

The Silent Log is blank. Should I delete the actual Silent Log file and try running it again? (Will the Silent Log be recreated if I delete the file?)

• heidi_n wrote:

The project runs fine in TC10 and FinalBuilder7.

Is the project checked out in Perforce? When you run either TestExecute or TestComplete with the /SilentMode switch, that also automatically saves any changes in the project files, typically log results, but if the project is not checked out in Peforce, then the files are read only and cannot be saved.

heidi_n
    Regular Contributor

Note: For future reference if this happens again, it turns out that when I had /SilentMode, nothing was happening even though I had /ForceConversion turned on. But when I removed /SilentMode, and only had /ForceConversion, it worked to convert the suite. Now /SilentMode /ForceConversion work together.

heidi_n
    Regular Contributor

These tests were created in TC9. Once I converted them to TC10 in CMD (without /SilentMode), everything is ok now and they can run now with /SilentMode successfully!