Forum Discussion

williamlee
Contributor
13 years ago
Solved

TestComplete with Safari

Hi 

I face a problem that is how to load the web address in safari?

For example in internet Explorer:

we can use :

Sys.Process("iexplore").ToUrl(address) ,

but how about for Safari? I can't find any that look similar like IE command?

please help 
  • Hi Lohitha,

TestComplete supported Safari for Windows, but this support was discontinued some time ago (thought the files itself seem to be still included in the install, so it is possible that you can still execute test scripts using Safari for Windows but without official support) because Apple discontinued support for Safari for Windows several years ago.

If you like to emulate Safari for Mac for tests execution, you may use Chrome browser and start it in the browser emulation mode. http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/74934/ might be of good starting point.

9 Replies

• Hi,

There is no special support for Safari in TestComplete. You can find a possible approach to work with this browser here. We have a suggestion to implement this functionality in our DB, and your post has increased its rating. Thank you.
  • Hi 

Thanks for reply. I already try on it, but still I can't find any method or property to load the address into Safari browser.

thanks
    geoffrey_loh
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi, can I get an update if there are any plans to implement this functionality. We are interested in using TestComplete for Safari as well as Opera.
  • Hi Geoff,

The current situation is the same: TestComplete 9.0 does not support Safari and Opera. I've increased the corresponding suggestions' rating, thank you.

We are working on implementing support for these browsers. Unfortunately, I cannot give you any time frames.
    gadinise
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

I have been using TestComplete for a year now on Firefox,IE,Chrome,Windows XP,Vista & 7.

I am currently looking for an automation tool for Safari (&  Mac OS & mobile).

TestComplete support to any of these latter would be very welcome...

Thanks,

Gadi

lraju
      New Contributor

Hi,

Have there been any updates on support for Safari with the newer versions? We are also using Test Complete to automate our web application on IE, Chrome and Firefox, and we would like to do the same with Safari.

Thanks,

Lohitha

lraju
        New Contributor

Also, we need to automate Safari by installing TestComplete on a Mac. Are there any plans to support Mac?

Thanks,

Lohitha