Forum Discussion

Rodrigo20
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Problems with Security Certificates in different browsers.

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to do an CrossBrowser Test, but I'm having a problem when running the test, because the web site that I'm testing asks for a security certificate, but as we are developing this site yet we do not have this certificate, and I need to do an crossbrowser test, but in each browser (Firefox, Chrome and IE) the screen that asks the confirmation to pass through the certificate is different, so, do you guys have any idea on how can I fix that?

I have already tried to disable the security certificate on those browsers, but IE and Chrome seems to do not accept that.

So, could you guys please help me with that?

Thank you very much!

• The reason is due to a lack of a certificate from an recognized issuing authority. As a workaround, if IIS is installed on the machine under test, you can use IIS to create a Self Signed Certificate (IIS > Machine Name > Server Certifcates). Once the self-siigned certifcate is created, you can then 'point' the browser at that when prompted the first time by Chrome which will recognize the certificate as long nothing changes to invalidate the certificate.

4 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

You could check the browser name at the top of the test and then execute a separate little routine that clicks past the security options in each browser you are testing.  

Rodrigo20
      Contributor

Hi, I'm trying that, but I'm having an issue with chrome, due to Chrome does not recognize the objects on the security page, but it only happens on the security page.

So, I have to record by the position of each element and I don't like this idea of recording by the position.

So, do you have any idea, how can I workaround that?

Here is an screenshot

objectNotRecognizing.png

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

I haven't run into that before.  I suggest you post this over in the Functional Web Testing thread.  I bet someone over there can help.

• The reason is due to a lack of a certificate from an recognized issuing authority. As a workaround, if IIS is installed on the machine under test, you can use IIS to create a Self Signed Certificate (IIS > Machine Name > Server Certifcates). Once the self-siigned certifcate is created, you can then 'point' the browser at that when prompted the first time by Chrome which will recognize the certificate as long nothing changes to invalidate the certificate.