Forum Discussion

kankele
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Object Browser reports incorrect index for Tested App

I am using version 10.50.2702.7. If I start a single command prompt window, then view the process tree in the Object Browser the command prompt shows up incorrectly as Process("cmd",2) [Should be Process("cmd")]. If I drill into it the name shows correctly as Window("ConsoleWindowClass","Command Prompt",1). I just upgraded from version 8 and everything shows up correctly in v8.

Another item that may or may not be related. In v8 I used app.Exists to see if the command window was opened. in v10, this is always returning true, but app.IsOpen returns false. Is there another cmd.exe running that is throwing everything off? I don't see one in task manager. Even if this is the case v8 and v10 are reporting things differently.

• Most likely there is a hidden CMD window somewhere in the system. To check this:

1. Run TestComplete as Administrator.
    2. On the Object Browser toolbar, press the Show All User Processes, Show System Processes and Show Invisible Objects buttons.

object-browser-hidden-processes.png

2 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Most likely there is a hidden CMD window somewhere in the system. To check this:

1. Run TestComplete as Administrator.
    2. On the Object Browser toolbar, press the Show All User Processes, Show System Processes and Show Invisible Objects buttons.

object-browser-hidden-processes.png

kankele
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the answer. It was a system process that was causing my confusion.

The interesting thing is that the v8 object browser doesn't show this system process but the v10 object browser does.