Forum Discussion

BillA603
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Name Mapping Refresher needed for PowerBuilder app

A few weeks ago I started evaluating TestComplete with our PowerBuilder App. At some point, someone pointed me to Name Mapping to get TestComplete to recognize some PB objects that it was getting stuck on during playback. I know that one thing they had me do was change the caption to ?* for my main screen.

I just created a new project from scratch and am running into the same behavior [playback gets stuck]. My Name Mapping list does not seem to have learned as many object names. I looked thru my notes and cannot find what I did. I have verified that the main screen caption is set to ?* which is the step I remember doing last time.

also, I did ad pbdw* under MSAA in the prokject settings.

I think there is something that I am forgetting.

BillA603
    10 years ago

Hello Tanya,

I ended up importing the Name Mapping from my previous project. Everything is working fine now.

solong as I don't delete either of those projects, I should be all set.

Thanks

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

I suggest that you try debugging your test. Besides that, analyze the Additional Info tab of the first errors in the Test Log. If you get the Object Not Found error, as a rule, TestComplete posts a path to the object that TestComplete cannot locate in the object tree. This should help you understand what is going wrong and how to change your Name Mapping file. Please refer to the Handling the 'Object Not Found' Errors article for details.

BillA603
      Contributor

Hello Tanya,

I ended up importing the Name Mapping from my previous project. Everything is working fine now.

solong as I don't delete either of those projects, I should be all set.

Thanks