Forum Discussion

AL_K
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

NPAPI plugins don't work on Chrome version 42 and higher.

Any suggestions except of using different browser?

13 Replies

AL_K
      New Contributor

Thanks for your comment.

I have read this info, and just wanted to know other's opinions. Test Complete doesn't work properly in my app when I use IE (worked with keyword tests). And now I won't be able to use Chrome for testing?

chrisb
        Regular Contributor

SmartBear supplies patches for each version of Chrome: http://support.smartbear.com/downloads/testcomplete/chrome-patches/

When Chrome gets to version 45 I would assume SmartBear will roll out their NPAPI replacement. But that would be a question for SmartBear support. 

If I read your message correctly you say that keyword tests worked in IE but now your tests are not working. Perhaps you can post for some help with that issue?

AL_K
      New Contributor

Hi. Thanks to All who replied.

I did all changes, and enabled this plugin in Chrome. And it does work for me.

I just recently started to get this message when open Chrome: "This site uses a plugin (SmartBear TestComplete 10) that will soon be unsupported". And when click on "Learn more",  there is a description on how to TEMPORARILY enable NPAPI plugins. ( as I said, I did all these changes and it's enabled  ) . And a message saying: " After the release of Chrome version 45, you’ll need to use an alternate web browser to load content that requires a NPAPI plugin."

So my question is , if Test Complete still will work when  Chrome V45 released?

Many thanks