Forum Discussion

Gordian
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

How to prevent long strings from being truncated?

Using TestComplete 10.6 with a Flex application in a browser and JScript.

When I look at the object browser for Obj.Caption or Obj.FlexObject.text for a very large text string I see that it is being truncated at about 1K characters.   This truncation also occurs when running my script.   TestComplete sees this as a single text object (AutoVSizeText) but is unable to return the entire contents for this field.   For this application it can be up to 3K characters.

Is this configurable?   How do I get access to the rest of the text so that I can pass it on for validation?

• Hi Thomas,

As far as I see, our R&D team has prepared a patch to fix this issue. Does the issue occur after applying the patch?

2 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Thomas,

I've reproduced the issue with the Flex demo app, and reported it to our R&D team. To track the issue status, you can open a support ticket and refer to this thread and issue# TC-59398. I can't think of any workaround off the top of my head, but maybe our support team can suggest something.

TanyaYatskovska
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Thomas,

As far as I see, our R&D team has prepared a patch to fix this issue. Does the issue occur after applying the patch?