Forum Discussion

t_nguyen
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Has anyone noticed TC 10.5 running slow when playing back test?

Hello all. 

Has anyone been experiencing poor performance with TC 10.5? Since I have been using this version I have noticed that when I playback test, not long into the test run, TC starts to grind and really slow down. As an example one of my test suites used to take 5 hours to run so I leave this running overnight. 

I am now running the test for the first time since upgrading to TC 10.5 and about quarter of the way into the test, TC really slows down. I left the test running overnight and came back in the morning and the test is not even half way through. What has happened to the speed in which TC runs test at? Can anyone shed some light please?

Thanks in advance

• What plugins and extensions do you have enabled?

And do you have any active performance monitors switched on?

Both can impact performance considerably.

More info on disabling unused stuff here: http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/56259/

I had similar problems with one of the recent updates (10.<something> ... can't remember exactly which one - but the performance hit for me was huge). Disabling unused plugins/extensions got most of the performance back for me.

3 Replies

• What plugins and extensions do you have enabled?

And do you have any active performance monitors switched on?

Both can impact performance considerably.

More info on disabling unused stuff here: http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/56259/

I had similar problems with one of the recent updates (10.<something> ... can't remember exactly which one - but the performance hit for me was huge). Disabling unused plugins/extensions got most of the performance back for me.

t_nguyen
      Occasional Contributor

Sorry for not replying sooner. I have done what you suggested and scripts are now running faster. However I am still left wondering why this all the sudden started happeing as I used to run my test with visualizer turned on and it used to be fine. So why start now? Anyway I suppose this is a question for support to deal with but your suggestion has srtoed me out for now. Thanks again.

exdunepilot
      Contributor

When these changes are made, what file(s) do they get saved in?   I'd like to configure once, then distribute and/or have available for new versions.  Thanks.