Forum Discussion

frank_vanderstr
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Can scripts written using version 10 of Testcomplete be run in version 9 of Testcomplete?

I will be updating to version 10 of Testcomplete and I was wondering if I will be able to run scripts I create in version 10 will be able to be run on version 9 as well.

I was also wondering if the scripts I have already written in version 9 will need anything extra to run in version 10.

• The "scripts" themselves are just plain text files. The project files however are not.

Upgrading from version 9 to 10 should be forward compatible.

That is to say I don't think it would go so hot if upgrading to the newest version required users to rewrite their scripts :).

Running separate versions simultaneously I would not recommend. If you upgrade - upgrade all machines.

I would suggest backing up your entire project file prior to upgrading (in case you want to go back).

1 Reply

Ryan_Moran
    Valued Contributor

The "scripts" themselves are just plain text files. The project files however are not.

Upgrading from version 9 to 10 should be forward compatible.

That is to say I don't think it would go so hot if upgrading to the newest version required users to rewrite their scripts :).

Running separate versions simultaneously I would not recommend. If you upgrade - upgrade all machines.

I would suggest backing up your entire project file prior to upgrading (in case you want to go back).