Forum Discussion

vthomeschoolmom
Super Contributor
9 years ago

Big name mapping and object recognition problem

So I have been working on a login page for a couple of days. A few days ago, it worked fine while trying to identify objects on the web page. At runtime, the objects would not be recognized, but I could find them when doing Highlight Object on Screen from the Name Mapping window. I cannot tell now if this behavior I  experience earlier in the week is related or if I just mapped the names wrong.

I am not sure what happened starting this morning. TestComplete is not recognizing children objects of one of the Frame objects. What I am observing in the Object Browser makes no sense at all to me.  I have attached a screen shot. There is an arrow next to where the children objects, div, a form, and then the INPUT and IMAGE elements I want to interact with shoudl be. There are no children visible there. The screenshot shows another browser window that I was not seeing yesterday. When I point to the thing that I expect to be the frame in the Spy, then click Highlight Object in Object tree, it shows that item with the arrow marked.

I did notice one weird TC behavior this morning. It asked me if I wanted to install an update for google chrome (number 43 maybe)? I said yes. I got a dialog that said no update found. TC was not reloaded. Finally I did not select to updfate onload, instead did from the Help menu, and the update worked. I tell you this since troubleshooting involves indentifying if anything changed. I have no idea if this is related.

For more information, the application runs under IE ONLY.