Forum Discussion

sheronrs
Visitor
10 years ago

has test complete identify the object when that object is not appear in the page ?

Example: 1. I have identify the object from page 2 2. Now I have executed my script from page 1 where my object is not present 3. has test complete identify the object which is present in page 2 ? if yes how ? because in my case its identify the object even though i am not in page 2. please help me for the same how can i solve this prob .. ? is there i missed anything in my script .. this is my script function test22() { flg=ReloadCount(); while(flg!=0) { Obj_Logo=Aliases.browser.pagetest.objecttest.test.loginpageLogin.bordercontainerBordercontainer26.bordercontainerBordercontainer38.bordercontainerBordercontainer47.buttonLogIn.Caption if(Obj_Logo=="Log In") { Log.Message(Obj_Logo) break; } flg--; } }

1 Reply

• When you say a "page" what do you actually mean?

If referring to a tabbed control then sure, Test Complete should be able to see an object that exists on page 2, even though page 1 is the current page.

If you look closely at what you have written, you can see the full reference to the object that Test Complete is working with,

Aliases.browser.pagetest.objecttest.test...

It doesn't matter that a user can't see it on the screen.  As long as the object actually exists then Test Complete can identify it.  Sometimes objects don't always exist on other tabs until that tab is selected for the first time.  In which case Test Complete will not be able to identify the object.