Forum Discussion

pranav191
Frequent Visitor
10 years ago

Unable to connect/execute visual studio 2013 unit test into TestComplete

I have automated tests designed in visual studio 2013 with selenium and c#, ( As unit test project)

I want to execute these tests from TestCompelte and for that I have follow guildline from  

- Running Unit Tests Created With Visual Studio in TestComplete Projects.

As mentioned , i have add my assembly file location for MSTest and try to execute test but it give me following error - 

"MSTest.exe not found. Please specify the correct path to it in TestComeplte options"

Capture.PNG

4 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Pranav,

It looks like you didn’t specify the path to MSTest.exe. Here is the quote from this article:

In order for TestComplete to be able to run MSTest unit tests, specify the path to the MSTest command-line executable (MSTest.exe) in the Path to MSTest option defined in the Unit Testing Options dialog. To change the option, select Tools | Options from TestComplete’s main menu and then choose Engines | Unit Testing from the tree on the left of the ensuing Options dialog.

mgroen2
      Super Contributor

Hi Tanya,

I have sort of the same issue. However, I cannot find the MSTest.exe file on my machine.

I am running Windows 7 and have both MS Visual Studio 2013 and  TestComplete installed locally.

Is there a way I can download the correct mstest.exe file somewhere?

baxatob
        Community Hero

To find your file location, open cmd and run:

for %x in (mstest.exe) do @echo.%~dp$PATH:x