Forum Discussion

brijmitchell
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

TestExecute acts differently to TestComplete

I am seeing a issue where i have created a test that opens a file from IE-11, so i have managed to map the new popup window in IE11 and running the test on my development enviroment runs with no issues.

But when i run it on TestExecute on one of our slaves, its unable to find the open button, although its running the same test with the same project.

Its the same version of IE, i have made sure all project configuration was commited to the project also all updates to tests but it still unable to click the button.

Im not sure what i am doing wrong.

Please help....

14 Replies

chrisb
    Regular Contributor

Enable test logs in Test Execute if not already enabled and post a screenshot of the errors shown in the test log. Without that we'd just be guessing.

• We do have logging enabled, i have attached a screenshot of the error.

Under additional info we have the following...

TestComplete 10 Log

You are trying to call the "VisibleOnScreen" method or property of the "Open" object that does not exist.

Althought when i run the exact same test through TestComplete, its using the same browser and same enviroment to test but for some reason with TestExecute its unable to click "Open" in the frame notication window.

chrisb
      Regular Contributor

Lets see what that Javascript runtime error is. Click on it in logs, select the additional info tab and post another screenshot.

brijmitchell
        Contributor

Jscript Error

Invalid variant operation

Error location:
        Unit: "TAP\TAP\Script\CommonFunctions"
        Line: 1330 Column: 3.

Script Execution Error

Possible reasons:
        - An error or warning occurred during the test run. See the preceding log entries to locate and identify the error.
        - The test run was stopped manually.
        - The test run was terminated as a result of the Runner.Halt method call.

chrisb
      Regular Contributor

Post the 'additional info' for the object does not exist error as well.