Forum Discussion

dgodfrey
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

TestComplete 8.7 Locks when Closing it.

Open Test Compete 8.7 .

Create a New Project.

Record a Script Test: Firefox 10.0 Opens and I Click an OK Button, Stop Test, Save.

Click: File | Close then Click the Red X Button to Close TestComplete 8.7.

Nothing seems to Happen:

Open Task Manager, It says TestComplete is Running, No Process is actually showing on CPU Usage.

When I Use Task Manager to Shut TestComplete 8.7 Down, I get 'This program is not responding, I Click the 'End Now' Button and hten the 'Don't Send' Button on the Send Error Report Popup Window.

I get 'ctfmon.exe' Not Rsponding do you wish to close now' Popup Window, Wait until it finishes and then Click the 'End Now' Button.

Then I get My Desktop Background with all of the ICONS mising, I need to reboot my computer.

Anyone else have a problem like this?

2 Replies

• Are you using any sort of source control system that might have forced some program or user folders Read-Only?
  • Hi Doug,

I didn't face such a problem with the same environments as yours. The issue seems to be specific to your system, so we need to have more information about it - please follow our standard steps below:

1. Download the Debugging Tools for Windows package from:

http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/debuggers/dbg_x86_6.11.1.404.msi

and install it.

2. When TestComplete hangs, open the "Start | Run..." dialog and execute the following command:

"C:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)\windbg.exe" -pn TestComplete.exe -Q -pd -c ".dump /m C:\Dump1.dmp;q"

This command will make WinDbg write a memory dump of the TestComplete.exe process to the "C:\Dump1.dmp" dump file. After the dump is written, WinDbg will be closed.

3. Correct the dump file name in the above command line (for example, change it to Dump2.dmp), wait for two minutes and execute the command again.

4. Repeat step 3.

5. Send us all of the generated dump files.