Regular Contributor

TC9.1: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

Since the update to v9.10, performance is up, and I no longer get the annoying error 91's I was getting... However now I have a problem that renders TestComplete completely unusable.

I get this message regularily on bening code that has always worked fine. So far this happens on two controls, one is a Janus GridEx, the other is ActiveBar3. Here is an example of the code causing the error:

If Not DynaGridObj.Columns.Item(strColName).Visible Then

As you can see it couldn't be simpler, yet the new TC9.1 refuses to work. We use this control EXTENSIVELY, to the point that I don't think a single of our 500 test units will run.

I need a fix for this ASAP, cannot wait for the next build.

Regular Contributor

RE: TC9.1: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

No comments? I also opened a support ticket for this issue and still no answer.

Does that mean I have to spend another hour reverting back to the also-buggy TC9.0?
Super Contributor

I am currently working a ticket that addresses this issue as well.
New Contributor

So just to be sure, this is an issue with the TC application and there is a fix coming down the pike eventually?
Topics: 59
Kudos: 692
Solutions: 355

Hi Guys,

As far as I know, our developers are preparing a fix to solve this issue. Please contact our Support team to try it.

-----
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Technical Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others, Thanks. ↓↓↓
Occasional Contributor

I am also getting this error with version 9.10.1894.7

Oddly enough, the first run of code works, but every subsequent run will give me this error.

All that I am doing is getting the child of a WPF Virtualizing Panel.
Occasional Contributor

Thought I'd just add that we're getting this issue as well when sometimes trying to access an element on a webpage multiple times
Topics: 59
Kudos: 692
Solutions: 355

Hi Ryan and Geoff,

I see that the path to the original problem was included into TestComplete 9.20. So, try using this version.

-----
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Technical Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others, Thanks. ↓↓↓
Occasional Contributor

I am on TC 9.2 and am getting this error.  The weird thing that I noticed though is that only some of the window's attributes are giving this error. Many of the other attributes like ClrClassName and others are displaying the correct information.

Has this been confirmed as fixed in 9.2, or "thought" fixed?

Thanks.

N/A

While trying to work with dynamic objects on the FLEX application. We are getting this error and unable to proceed further with the execution. this issues still exists on testcomplete 9.2 as well. Whenever we see this issue. we have to force kill the testcomplete to get rid of the messageBox.

Is someone working on it? How soon can we expect the fix? 

Atleast as a work around. Can someone fix it like, once we click the "OK" button, the pop up should go off and not repeatedly appear.