Forum Discussion

blacy
Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Safari (emulation) test

We have several keyword tests that we can now run on IE, Chrome and FireFox. We now what to add Safari. I creates some test using the Run Vitrual Browser and selected Apple Ipad. When I execute my test I see it use Goggle Chrome as the browser with below user agent:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25

So, my questions are:

1) where is the above user ageant coming from?

2) is there a way I can override this user ageant and/or change some sort of settings in SB to use a more up to date user agent that would better emulate Safari iOS8?

Bruce

• Hi Bruce,

You can override user agent strings and add new virtual browsers in Tools > Current Project Properties > Open Applications > Web Testing > Virtual Browsers.

To emulate an iPad with iOS 8, you can change iPad's user agent to:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 8_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/11A465 Safari/8536.25

4 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Bruce,

You can override user agent strings and add new virtual browsers in Tools > Current Project Properties > Open Applications > Web Testing > Virtual Browsers.

To emulate an iPad with iOS 8, you can change iPad's user agent to:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 8_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/11A465 Safari/8536.25