Forum Discussion

ANW
Contributor
14 years ago
Solved

Persistent ProjectSuite variables??

I have to keep some kind of persistent variable for my tests, as I need to test phonenumbers and sim cards in a specific range. But since I have to be sure that the numbers used are not already used, I thought I would make a persistent counter.

I want my Phonenumbers to begin at 19000000, and SimCards at 8945000000000000000, and then whenever I use one, I just increase the counter. That would give me more numbers than I need (as I get a fresh production db every weekend).

So I made two persistent ProjectSuite variables to hold this counter between test runs.

But I am getting an error whenever I try to use them "Variable <ProjectSuite> not defined", and I am unsure why.

I was just testing them with this code:

ProjectSuite.Variables.gCounterNPCellNo := ProjectSuite.Variables.gCounterNPCellNo +1;

If I am reading the help correctly, this is how I should use the variable. So why is TC telling me that it is not defined?

The help uses this example (which is wrong for DelphiScript .. there is a ':' missing in front of '='):

Project.Variables.MyExportFilePath = 'C:\MyFolder\MyProject.mds';

ExportFileTo(Project.Variables.MyExportFilePath);

Why am I getting an error?? ... am i doing something wrong?
  • Hey Jared

I sent the ProjectSuite, but I already found my error ... typical.

You can disregard this issue.

Seems that I had an inc(ProjectSuite.Variables.xxx) line in my test procedure, and it was actually that one that failed during compilation. I found it as I was running something completely different. After commenting that line out, there is no longer any problems.

Sorry for inconvinience.

4 Replies

ANW
    Contributor
    Hey Jared

I sent the ProjectSuite, but I already found my error ... typical.

You can disregard this issue.

Seems that I had an inc(ProjectSuite.Variables.xxx) line in my test procedure, and it was actually that one that failed during compilation. I found it as I was running something completely different. After commenting that line out, there is no longer any problems.

Sorry for inconvinience.
  • Hi,

I've tried your code and it worked for me. What TC version are you using? Also, can you send us a sample project suite demonstrating this problem?
    ANW
    Contributor
    I am using 8.20 Enterprise version. Still having the problem this morning.

I will send you the project suite I am using.
  • Hi Anders,

That's ok. Thanks for letting us know that you've solved the problem.