Forum Discussion

manisha
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Object identifier Issue while running on multiple instance

Hi

I have an application which i used to run on multiple instances. It was running perfect previously but now for the toggle object the script gives error for the object identifier property saying object identifier not matches with the mapped value but the same runs perfectly for another instance. And if i update the property it still gives error.

If anybody has a solution that would be very helpful.

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Manisha,

Could you please be more specific? How exactly are the object identified on different computers? Please post some samples, screenshot that could help us better understand what is going on.

manisha
      Occasional Contributor

Hi

I recorded a script, here test complete save OBJECT IDENTFIRE Property value of toggle button as 18. Then i set the whole script using wildcards  to run on multiple instance, here at the time of running a script on a different instance it gives error as object identifier value not matches (lets say 27) with the mapped value which was 18. But even if i update the value it gives error object does not exist. 

For the recorded instance it runs perfectly. 

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Manisha,

If you see the Object Not Found error, TestComplete cannot even catch this object. Post here how you are specifying the wildcard. I suppose some issues can be there.