Forum Discussion

Clayton
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Is a browser patch needed for TestComplete/TestExecute and Chrome Version 42.0.2311.90 m.

Is a browser patch needed for TC and TE for Chrome Version 42.0.2311.90 m?

My tests failed last night and this morning when I try to use Object Spy with Chrome, it says the Extension is not installed or disabled. (it is installed and enabled :) )

Any one else having this issue?

• Hi,

Chrome 42 has been recently released. Please try applying the following workaround to make TestComplete recognize web objects: in Chrome, navigate to the "chrome://flags/#enable-npapi" address and enable the “Enable NPAPI” flag. You can find more information about NPAPI here:
    https://www.chromium.org/developers/npapi-deprecation

4 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

Chrome 42 has been recently released. Please try applying the following workaround to make TestComplete recognize web objects: in Chrome, navigate to the "chrome://flags/#enable-npapi" address and enable the “Enable NPAPI” flag. You can find more information about NPAPI here:
    https://www.chromium.org/developers/npapi-deprecation

Clayton
      Occasional Contributor

Hello Tanya,

That workaround fixed the issue. Since the workaround will stop working in September, is it safe to assume that a new extension is in the works and will be available before then?

Thanks

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Our R&D team is currently working on a patch that would resolve the issue. If your test computer has access to the Internet, the patch will be automatically installed on the compuuter (if you accept its installation).

mdh
      Contributor

Same issue for me, and the temporary solution also worked