Forum Discussion

Chiri22
Regular Visitor
9 years ago
Solved

Incompatibility of patches for TC11 with Firefox 31/38?

Hi to all!

Since we upgraded the TestComplete application to version 11 (upgrade from 10.60 to 11.11) i'm experiencing problems with the executions.

We only can execute the tests in version 31 or 38 of Firefox (validated and supported versions).

We start the test execution to our web application and without knowing the reason, firefox starts to increase the memory usage up to more than 3 GB. In only 8 minutes the firefox application crashes and we cannot continue. If I execute this test case manually, the memory is not increased more than 1GB (normal memory usage for us).

I only can think that TestComplete 11 and the patches for Firefox v33 and v38 are not working properly. We can't downgrade the project to v10 because we are buying licenses and these new ones are for TestComplete 11.

As I say in the subject... can be possible that the problem is caused by patches?

I'm desperate becase the Smoke Test execution is near and I'm not going to be able to execute it...

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance! 

• Hi Chiri22,

I’ve heard about some performance issues in Firefox in TestComplete 11.20. As far as I know, there is a patch to fix this (CC-5019). Please submit a support case to our Customer Care Team to request this patch and apply it.

Please update the thread whether the patch helps.

5 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Chiri22,

I’ve heard about some performance issues in Firefox in TestComplete 11.20. As far as I know, there is a patch to fix this (CC-5019). Please submit a support case to our Customer Care Team to request this patch and apply it.

Please update the thread whether the patch helps.

Riverwind0
      New Contributor

This problem is reproduced also in Chrome (v42). If I check the memory after executing a keyword, it's increased dramatically.

Concretely, the process that consumes the memory is the tcCrHost.exe.

See the attached picture.