Forum Discussion

Perla
New Contributor
9 years ago

How to get the Object references of extrenal application( JNLP -Webstart Application)

Hello Alex/Tanya

My application downloads a JNLP file(external Application ) -that starts Java swing application.

I have automated till downloading and launching the swing application(Refer screen shot -Modal dialog). I am unable to get reference of "Next Button" on Modal/connect(Refer screen shot) dialog because its an external application and tool fails to identify the objects. but tool identifying the modal dailog from there it fails to identify the objects on the dialog(Next button, cancel, company etc).

Questions:

Do you have any solution for this, if yes kindly advise me?

How do i get refernce of Cancel, Next and Company objects on the dailog( through code)

How do i map those objects manually to Objectmap?

Perla

2 Replies

• Perla wrote:

Hello Alex/Tanya

"I am unable to get reference of "Next Button" on Modal"

Questions:

Do you have any solution for this, if yes kindly advise me?

How do i get refernce of Cancel, Next and Company objects on the dailog( through code)

How do i map those objects manually to Objectmap?

Perla

Hello Perla,

To enable TestComplete to recognize and map objects from others app which is not an Application Under Testing, you should do the following:

- Go to: Tools » Current Project Properties » General. In the "Recording" section, please, un-check the "Record user actions over tested applications only".

After you record your script, you can re-enabled that option again.

To get the button from script, you could use one of the variety of Testcomplete "Find" methods as described here http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/55436/.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Leandro de Araújo Souza

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Perla,

You may also get the parent process of this modal window (using Object Browser) and check that the extension that supports this type of applications is not occasionally disabled (File | Install Extensions...).

If this does not help, try to enable the '*' record for the MSAA (project properties -> MSAA) and check if the Next button is recognized.