Forum Discussion

Kostja
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Discard the Performance Counters in the test log

Hey guys,

i used the sample code on this page --> http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/55140/?utm_source=site-search&utm_medium=search-results&utm_campaign=site-search-c&utm_term=scripting+access&_ga=1.260708234.621782120.1429251315

and got my logs in a textfile. But the problem is there are also Performce Counters in the list and now i wanted to know if it is possible to discard the Performance Counters from the list.

performance counters.png

• Hi Kostja,

In the beginning of the ExportLogData function, check the Scheme.Name. If it's "Performance Counters", skip the rest of the function.

// JScript

function ExportLogData(ALogData) { var Scheme = ALogData.Scheme; if (Scheme.Name == "Performance Counters") return;

// ...
    }

3 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Kostja,

In the beginning of the ExportLogData function, check the Scheme.Name. If it's "Performance Counters", skip the rest of the function.

// JScript

function ExportLogData(ALogData) { var Scheme = ALogData.Scheme; if (Scheme.Name == "Performance Counters") return;

// ...
    }
      Kostja
      Contributor

Great!

Thank you, Helen.

But I have another question...is it possible to get only the log of the currently running test drive? I only managed to get the record of the previous log or is it impossible, because while the test drive is running the logs are not created?

When i try to get the current test log in a text-file it results in being empty.

Sorry for the simple questions, but i just started with TestComplete a month ago.

Thanks for help in advance.

Kostja
        Contributor

Hey,

I checked the log directory for the logs during a test run and it was empty (unless i turn the pictures on/pause or stop the test).

Is there any possibility to retrieve the logs during the test run?

(I know its another topic/question now, but i thought it is better i ask here then to create a new one)

I'm receptive for any advice.

Thanks.