Forum Discussion

brook_grewcock
Contributor
9 years ago

Are there issues in using automated name mapping in larger projects?

We are currently investigating different project structures, we have a large peices of changing software to automate and will need several automated testers to maintain it. Does anybody had any experance with running automatic name mapping on larger projects? And is that even a good idea?

3 Replies

Ravik
    Super Contributor
    Hi, Yes, I am using Name Mapping for Web/Window base application. Our application is too large and complex (Web application) we are implement Name mapping fot that application and we found name mapping is very easy & simple to automate our large application it is also easy to maintane. Name mapping is a cool feature of TestComplete. You can configure your Name Mapping file as your test Case required. You can set Template for name mapping. You can call approprate name mapping file as per your test need.
    Lage
    Contributor

Hi brook. I think that you are talking about Mapping Objects Automatically during the test run. Is this right? Personally I prefer mantain the NameMapping manually and somethimes to perform an operation can be useful through scripts change some object properties but that should be enough for me.

regards

Ravik
      Super Contributor
      Hi, Objects are also Mapped automataclly in Name Mapping, while you are Recording your automation Script. (but its very complex to understant becouse of Machine given name). Its better to map object manualy for better maintanace.