Forum Discussion

9 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Vaidas,

You can download TestComplete Remote Agent from the TestComplete product page in your customer account at my.smartbear.com. To use the Remote Agent, you must own a virtual user license for TestComplete. If you don't have a virtual user license or you're not sure, please contact your SmartBear account manager at sales@smartbear.com.

By the way, we now have a specialized tool for load testing -- LoadComplete. It's now in version 2, and features many improvements as compared to TestComplete's load testing plug-in. I'd recommend you to try out a free trial to see how it works for your tested web app.
    vajdaz
    Occasional Contributor
    Thank you for your answer.

I do nto have my customer account cause I'm just evaluating trial version of TestComplete, so as I understand I can't try that function.

It is interesting how much doest it cost to buy one remote agent licence ?

Vaidas
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Vaidas,

> It is interesting how much doest it cost to buy one remote agent licence ?

Pricing and feature comparison chart can be found here:

http://smartbear.com/products/qa-tools/automated-testing/pricing/

http://smartbear.com/products/qa-tools/automated-testing/editions/

AFAIK, HTTP load testing is going to be deprecated in TestComplete and moved to the dedicated LoadComplete tool (http://smartbear.com/products/qa-tools/load-testing/), so I am not sure if load testing license can be purchased by the new customers (at least, load testing is not mentioned on the information page (http://smartbear.com/products/qa-tools/automated-testing/info/) and I was not able to find its pricing where it previously was on the site).
    HKosova
    Hi Vaidas,

Alexei is right — TestComplete load testing licenses are no longer available for purchase for new customers since the release of our specialized load testing tool LoadComplete. Please see this thread for details. So, if you're going to do load testing, try out LoadComplete instead of TestComplete.

LoadComplete prices are listed on our website:

http://smartbear.com/products/qa-tools/load-testing/pricing/

For further pricing queries, please contact sales@smartbear.com.
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Helen,

Thank you for confirming my words.

Could you please give a status update to one more question: Sergei mentions the EOL statement for load testing functionality in TestComplete in the thread you've referenced. Was this EOL published and/or is there any information available when load testing is going to be removed from TestComplete?

The case is that I am supporting several projects for your customers that are quite vital for them. These projects use load testing functionality with extensive on-the-fly manipulation of request data via scripting and events. It seems that these projects cannot be moved to LoadComplete while [M0083914] (or scripting, both mentioned in the thread referenced by you) is not implemented in LoadComplete.

I would really appreciate either some in-advance notification or outlined paragraph in the What's New document for the TestComplete release that will have load testing functionality removed so the appropriate actions to preserve these projects' functionality can be taken.
    Anonymous
    @Vaidas: Yes, as Helen wrote, load testing license for TestComplete is no longer available for purchase. We are selling a dedicated load testing tool, LoadComplete, with significantly enhanced functionality. Load testing module is still included / enabled in TestComplete for those customers who have purchased load testing licenses prior to July 2011.

@Alexei: Load testing in TestComplete is going to be removed in TC9, due out in Q2 2012. Scripting support is considered for LoadComplete 3 ETA second part of Q3 2012. I'd like to make sure that the details of your use case that includes load test scripting are available in the referenced support case, so that we are able to account for this (and other) cases when determining the necessary scope of scripting support in LoadComplete.
    vajdaz
    Occasional Contributor
    Thank you all for your answers.

I just can't understand why smartbear left Load testing functionality in trial version of TestComplete, I think it should be removed to prevent misunderstandings..

Vaidas
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Sergei,

Thank you a lot for the provided dates and schedule - this definitely helps with planning and migration considerations.

As for the scripting support for LoadComplete3 - obviously, it is up to you to decide what better fits business use cases and implementation complexity, but as far as I remember the referenced case and our discussion with Alex, the suggested alternative approach with the data selectors that can extract information from any part of response and insert extracted data to any place of any subsequent request seemed to be even better and, at the moment, it seems to me that this alternative approach might appear to be even better than scripting support (applied to get/set response/request data).

The above is just an attempt to make my opinion more clear...
    HKosova
    Hi Vaidas,

I just can't understand why smartbear left Load testing functionality in trial version of TestComplete, I think it should be removed to prevent misunderstandings.
    The trial version's plug-in set is and always was exactly the same as that of the commercial version. Since the load testing plug-in was left in the commercial version for existing customers, it was left in the trial as well. I can't comment on this decision, but you're welcome to contact our Support Team for further inquiries about this. I would like to note, however, that this wasn't an issue until now.

As Sergei said, the load testing plug-in will be eventually removed from TestComplete (both trial and commercial versions) in a future major release.