Forum Discussion

bommareddy
Contributor
9 years ago

Can we install Test-complete 10 and 11.2 both trial versions in same system?

I have installed TC 11 in my system. Now can i install trail version of TC 10 in same system.

Give your valuable feedback

Thanks 

BommaReddy

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Bommareddy,

Theoretically, you can do this. However, I’m not sure why you need to have different product versions on one computer. What is your scenario?

bommareddy
      Contributor

Hi TanyaGorbunova

I have upgraded TestComplete from version 10.6 to 11.2. In this latest version i am unable to find the Web objects in Object browser. But previously we are able to find the browser objects in TC 10.6.

I have updated the latest patches for FireFox V42 and able to work on FF browser without any issues and identified the web ojects & also installed web extensions(Module).

In my current application web browser is embeded in WPF appliaction, ideally under sys object i should be able to view Process("XX Application") having child objects of "browser" along with WPF objects. But "Browser" objects is not vissible in object browser.

Thats why i want to install previous trail version in my PC. 

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Bommareddy,

That’s strange. Have you reported the issue to our Support Team? I recommend that you do this.

As for TestComplete 10, the issue is that when you opened your project in TestComplete 11, it was converted to this product version. As a result, TestComplete 10 cannot read it anymore. If you have a backup project version, you can use it. However, I suggest that you try resolving the recognition issue you face in TestComplete 11 as it’s always better to use the up to date version.