Forum Discussion

WalidKadry
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

How can I review word doc on web GUI?

Hello,

I am using web GUI in review process and I want to review word documents. I installed the client and print to review. 

Normally we review committed version only and if I have a version contain code and doucment update, the code file works fine but the word document no. My questions are:

1- what is the required configuration on web GUI to make review doc file is avilabe in diff as code files?

2- If I install eclips plug-in, is this solve the point?

3- if no for Q1,Q2; is there command line interface to "print to review" tool to automate the process of uploading word document on web GUI

Best Regaeds,

ArtemS
    10 years ago

Hello Walid

Unfortunately CodeReviewer shows differences only in uploaded text-based files. It does not show diffs for Doc files.

Support for Doc, Excel, PDF and other formats are features of Collaborator. In Collaborator you'll be able to see the differences in uploaded documents:

ComparingDocs.png

The Print To Review tool also works only with Collaborator.

If you are on a trial version, you may re-install the tool as Collaborator and try these features.

Best Regards, Artem.

8 Replies

ArtemS
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello

You can upload .doc and .docx files directly from the web UI.

1. Open the Review Summary Screen,
    2. Scroll to the Review Materials section
    3. Click the Upload button.
    4. Select Files from the drop-down list.
      Drop-down list of the Upload button
    5. In the ensuing dialog, select the desired .doc and .docx files and then click Upload.
      ArtemS
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Also you can upload word documents, as well as any other arbitrary files, from the other Collab clients:
      Command-line:
      ccollab addfiles new C:\WorkDocs\Lipsum.docx

GUI Client:
      Add your files on the "Select Supporting Documents" page of the GUI Client.
      Uploading Arbitrary Files With Commits

Eclipse Plug-in:
      Add your files on the "Select Supporting Documents" page of the Add to Review Wizard.
      Uploading Files From Eclipse

Uploading the updated version of a file (having the the same filename and path) to an existing review will make the diff viewer to show the difference between the documents.

WalidKadry
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply, I did what you stated and I got error as in below image

WordReview.jpg

I want to make it open as in *.c files in below image

CodeReview.jpg

Thanks and Best Regards,

WalidKadry
        Occasional Contributor

Just for clarification, I am using CodeReviewer trails version (less than 10 user).

1- Is this version supports doc review?

2- Should I use print to review tool ? if yes, is there any clear document because user guide is very poor in this point

Please help to as soon as possible because I am using the tool as trail for the 1st semester of the year to get a final evaluation about it