Forum Discussion

10 years ago
Solved

[CodeReviewer] Unable to get the licence key of CodeReviewer

I have downloaded and installed the CodeReviewer server from the site, but am unable to use it as the licensing information is blank. When I click on the button to Update with SmartBear, I am redirected to http://127.0.0.1/go page and my installation still remains unlicensed. Can anyone let me know what license info is required for the Free CodeViewer version and how can I get it.

• On the licensing page, you should be able to enter the following company key: reviewer-free

Then, just click the save button, and you should be up and running. Note that the Update from SmartBear button does nothing in the free version.

Thanks,

Rick

11 Replies

• I am in the same boat. Not sure how to get the free tool into a usable state.

I thought the /go => blank page was odd but even after that I was able get in as admin and setup email integration etc. But, I am unable to add users.
      felixdb

Same problem,

After pressing initialize, I am forwarded to a blank page and if I go back to the server page I cans see the following:

THIS IS AN UNLICENSED SERVER.

RickAlmeida

On the licensing page, you should be able to enter the following company key: reviewer-free

Then, just click the save button, and you should be up and running. Note that the Update from SmartBear button does nothing in the free version.

Thanks,

Rick

kirant400
    New Contributor

I am facing the same issue. Tried reviewer-free and save but it does not work .

Version that I use is 9.4.9401

OlegB
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Dilomos,

This issue is related to a license question. You have faced it because you have missed one step. Our account manager must active your license. To solve the problem, please use the following steps:

1. Find the “Node ID” field in the “Current License” page.
    2. Copy a value of Node ID and send it to your account manager to activate your license. If you do not know who your account manager is, just send the Node ID to sales@smartbear.com.
    3. After you send us the Node ID, you will receive an e-mail with a company key and license code. The company key is "trial" for temporary licenses and a word or phrase for permanent licenses. The license code will be a 32-character code. Enter the company key and the license code in their respective fields, and click Save.

If this doesn’t help, please submit a case in our system using this link. We will be happy to help you solve the issue.

In addition, here is a helpful article that may help you getting started.

christophert
      Occasional Contributor

So you are basically telling us to follow the steps for manual activation Oleg as the internet activation does not work as described in the instructions i.e. setting up of proxy details etc

Thanks,

Chris

OlegB
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Chris,

Most probably, the issue is related to some technical problem. Since CodeReviewer is a free tool, we can't provide you with assistance of our support engineers. But, we have implemented a free trial for 14 days in Collaborator 9.5.9500. You can try it now with full Collaborator features. You can download it from here.

Should you face any problem with the installation process or other technical problems, please contact us using this link.

In addition, here is a help article that will help you get started.