New Contributor

Code collaborator and SVN

I am trying to validate the svn https repository link in Code Collaborator client[6_5_6501]. However I am not able to do so. Following is the error which I am getting:

Error: SCM system could not be auto-detected, but there was an error: Could not determine if checkout C:\test is managed by Subversion: svn: E155007: 'C:\' is not a working copy

Could anybody know how to resolve this error? Thanks!

Thanks,

AK
-AK
New Contributor

RE: Code collaborator and SVN

I've just barely begun to see this, too. I didn't see it before and I think it may be related to the version of the client I upgraded to today: v6.5.6502

cheers...ank
N/A

I've been seeing this problem too using CC  v6.1.6101.  It started when I shifted from TortiseSVN 1.6 to TortiseSVN 1.7.  I suspect that it may have something to do with the consolidated .svn directories.  Any fix for CC - or workaround?
New Contributor

I concur with Jason.

When I downgraded my svn client (clients, actually), then I was able to work normally.

Our team uses Tortoise for day-to-day subversion access (i.e. use what you like but if you want help...) and the SlikSubversion tools to integrate with collaborator. Also, I like using cygwin tools, so I had several subversion clients running at once. Upgrading any of them this time around mandated a non-reversible upgrade to the view files. I suspected the tortoise package (which finally includes command line tools) of being the culprits but the problem still manifested without tortoise there and with the latest Code Collaborator and the latest Slik tools.

After numerous uninstall/reboot cycles, I installed clean copies of the earlier tools and all was well, just not up to date.

cheers...ank
N/A

I just ran into this also after upgrading to Subversion 1.7.0, COME ON SMART BEAR we need a FIX!!!!! You need to keep up with the open source tools you integrate with!! PLEASE!
N/A

This needs fixed, addsvndiffs is not a sufficient workaround.

We often have other changes in our working copies that we don't want included in our reviews.

Is svn 1.7 support even in the 7.0 beta that is currently available?

New Contributor

Here's hoping this gets fixed soon. We are hitting this now too.
New Contributor

Notes from the 1.7 beta documentation I looked at today:

• CodeCollaborator does not currently support SVN 1.7.

New Contributor

I have run into this as well. We are currently using subversion version 1.7...which is from 2009. The latest version of SVN is 2.5 which we plan on upgrading too...which means code collaborator is not something we will be able to use...correct?
New Contributor

I just wanted to chime in with another "PLEASE SmartBear, add support for SVN 1.7 as soon as possible". SVN 1.7 gives us great benefits which are currently making us chose between using 1.7 and using CodeCollaborator...