Forum Discussion

costa
New Contributor
9 years ago

xe8 integration

Hello:

I am trying to profile the loading time of an XE8 Delphi VCL win32 application. I installed the trial version of the AQTime 8.40. I checked the integration with the XE8 IDE option during running the AQtime setup.

Now, when I am in the IDE and I try the AQtime -> Run With Profiling option I get a message dialog saying "AQtime Trial does not allow saving results" and it wants me to "order AQtime now". The dialog has only one button "Abort" + the window cancel button which I assume is the same as the "Abort" button because, after I click it, nothing happens.

First question, can one actually profile a Delphi VCL win32 app within XE8 with AQtime?

Now, I ran the AQtime standalone app. But when I profile the XE8 delphi app it doesn't show any information in the report section, after I stop the app.

The problem that I have - and it is specific to my computer - is that it takes a very long time to load the app. From what I've seen it spends a lot of time creating the auto-created forms and I am trying to figure out what's taking so long.

Any advice?

Thanks

3 Replies

costa
    New Contributor

ok, after I enabled the proper debug information for the delphi project as per the instructions in the documentation I see now a lot more stuff in the results. I guess this question is answered, but I am curious about the other one.

costa
      New Contributor

After the debug session, I can see that 78% of time is spent under the "initialization" routine. Would the full version show me exactly the calls made under initialization?

Thanks

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

What profiler do you use? What area is set in the Areas panel - Routine or Line level?

I would recommend to read the help about profiling areas.