ml
Contributor
10 years ago
New Idea

Working in TestComplete while an NetworkSuite-Job is running

I got one license for TestComplete and one license for TestExecute on a remote machine. When i´m executing in TestComplete a NetworkSuite-Job on the remote TestExecute i can´t work on my KeywordTest/Scripts/ect. while its executing. (The strange thing is: i can open KeywordTests, i can add other tests to it but i can´t delete these - so why?).

So my idea is just an call-for-action: Please make TestComplete workable, while it´s executing remote things!

14 Comments

• Hello,

Well, actually you can run TestExecute 11.31 and TestComplete 11.31 at the same time on the same machine. So, you can prepare a master project and run it on a master machine and work with TestComplete on the same machine while TestExecute is running remote tests. However, I doubt that this can be called a convenient approach.

Using the free Jenkins tool or SmartBear QAComplete solution (that works similarly to the NS feature) solves the problem in the best way.

Dmitry Nikolaev
    TestComplete Customer Care Team Lead

ml
    Contributor

Sorry, i dont understand why i cant manage all my tests in TestComplete and executing them through this interface on a remote machine. I just want to edit Keywordtests while Networktests are running. TestComplete UI is completely senseless while executing NetworkJobs over it - i have 2 Licences (TC & TE) and cant work on the one Product while executing the other one over the first? Not really cool behavior.

mfoster711
    Regular Contributor

You can open TestExecute on the remote machine and have it run your tests without using the network suite. This leaves your TestComplete license free to use on your main machine. 

• Hello,

The Network Suite feature is not a test management tool within TestComplete. It is a tool to control synchronized tests that run on different machines. So, the master instance that is TestComplete in your case is running working on synchronization of the dependent TestExecute instances. It is possible to run a test on the TestComplete machine as well while tests are run on remote computers.

The fact that TestComplete is in the runtime mode makes it impossible to edit tests, and this is caused by the product architecture.