Forum Discussion

guillaume
Contributor
13 years ago

TestComplete support for WinFormHost and WinFormsAdapter

Hello.

Our dev team is switching from WinForms objects to WPF.

So far, they are still referring to WinForms object in the application. In order to use those components, they are using WinFormHost and WinFormsAdapter. I am not used to those components and unfortunately, from a TestComplete point of view, I can see that this is not something very practical to use.

In TestComplete ObjectBrowser, the WinFormAdapter is listed as a child of the application main window while the host is actually correctly located in the hierarchy. See attachment for a better idea of what I talking about.

I would like to know if their anything I can do from TestComplete to somehow link the Adapter to the Host in the ObjectBrowser.

If this in not the case, does anyone have any idea about how devs can use WinFormObjects within WPF components without leading to a mess in TestComplete.

Thanks in advance.

Guillaume.

1 Reply

AlexeyK
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Guillaume,

The Object Browser displays the actual object hierarchy that exists in the tested application.

I think, the WinFormAdapter and WinFormHost objects are on different levels, because their parent objects in the application are specified in that way.

However, the location of an object in the tree should not hamper any test activity. So, I wonder why do you think this is an issue? What task are you trying to perform? Why do you need these objects to be linked? Maybe we'll find a workaround...